blaze king princess installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well another question for when i install the blaze king princess. im wondering if it would be worth it for me to set the stove back a couple inches into the fireplace to get a straight up flue. i would have to remove the bottom course of brice in the fireplace to get it to fit.. i would also have to do a block off plate now. or do you think it will be that much of a difference since its a 25 foot flue anyway.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 363
ecocavalier02 said:
Well another question for when i install the blaze king princess. im wondering if it would be worth it for me to set the stove back a couple inches into the fireplace to get a straight up flue. i would have to remove the bottom course of brice in the fireplace to get it to fit.. i would also have to do a block off plate now. or do you think it will be that much of a difference since its a 25 foot flue anyway.

Do what I did - a quick and dirty installation with cheap single-wall pipe, and see how it works.
It works so well for me, that I'm still running in that way - in other words, I do not feel that I need
double-wall pipe, and a BK tech guy admitted to me that it's entirely possible that I'm fine without
it (in other words, it's kinda a CYA rec). Oh, and I have an offset (no choice, in my case) of about
8 inches. If I decide this is still good after this winter, I'll certainly upgrade to high-grade welded
seam single-wall.

If you decide you do need double-wall, but you want to keep an offset (not set the stove back for
a straight-up flue), be aware that double-wall elbows are not adjustable, so you're stuck with a
fixed choice of offset distances, and it is different depending on if you use Selkirk or Simpson.

Ok. Well im just debating on whether or not to do it. Looks like ill probably be making the purchase by next month and would like to have everything ready to go. I also have an ofsett in the chmney liner. Im just worried about it all working good.

How is your current stove connected? If you go in front of the chimney, can you do just one bigger offset? I have a pair of 45s about 40" off the top of the stove and haven't had any problems with it even at low burn when it was warmer.

Yeah my offset will be about 24 inches above the stove. Some other giys said that it ahoild not be an issue. I was just swein if itd be worth the work to go straigjt up but i think ill do whay ya guys said and just try it and see wjat happens. I thi k with the liner insulated all the wau up as well i shouldnt have n e problems

Status
Not open for further replies.