Blaze King Princess vs Sirocco 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotjava66

Feb 29, 2012
Michigan
Any pros or cons on one vs the other? About to purchase one of the two, like Sirocco looks a bit better but Princess takes bigger splits, deeper ash lip. Any differences in how the burn, ease of use etc?

Consumers like the firebox height of the Princess Ultra. If your hearth is beautiful you may wish to get the parlor version of the Princess. All Siroccos come with legs, optional pedestal is available. Princess is about 3 inches deeper than the Sirocco. Steel door on Princess, cast door and larger glass on Sirocco. Lastly, glass stays much cleaner on the 30.1 firebox.

Thank you,
Chris

I have had both stoves but in two different locations, so performance is different. I did not like the sloping front of the Princess and due to poor draft I had to go through a lot of stuff to keep it from spilling smoke on refilling. Open a window, turn the fan off, open the bypass, wait awhile, crack the door, wait a few minutes, very slowly open the door to refill. The strange thing was I had a very tall interior chimney (27 ft.) and worried I would have too much draft. In this house (see sig pic) there is about 10 ft. of class A but the draft is much better. I have never had any smoke spillage with this (Sirocco) install. I ran the Princess one season and now have one season on the Sirocco. Both stoves are excellent but I prefer the flat front of the Sirocco.

I love my princess, the deeper belly makes loading on a full bed of coals / ash much easier and cleaner. I cant wait to get the stove cranking again in October.

Reactions: Highbeam
The princess has a much higher emissions rating and is a bit uglier. That deep belly sure is nice. 3" of ash is like 3 gallons, lots.

The princess has a much higher emissions rating and is a bit uglier. That deep belly sure is nice. 3" of ash is like 3 gallons, lots.
Yes....but at 2.42 gr/hr, it's still one of the cleanest burning stoves. It's just the 30.1 is exceptional.

Reactions: Highbeam
Yes....but at 2.42 gr/hr, it's still one of the cleanest burning stoves. It's just the 30.1 is exceptional.

I might have missed it, but what's the '.1' entail? I was quoted a nice price on a Sirocco, but I'm pretty sure it's been around for a while. He said they haven't sold one yet and wants to get it moved.

Price on a plain Princess parlor kinda blew me away. He said his customers want the Princess because the efficiency number is higher :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.