BLAZE KING: Results so far from first full year of operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The verdict is in. THE BLAZE KING ROCKS! As you may recall, we installed our BLAZE KING ULTRA in about March of last year. This summer I bought a Stihl (2 actually) chainsaw and cut about 10 cords of wood. The Ultra allows me to cut them to 20" or more and then load them Straight in (North South?). I started this years fire on October 22, 2011 and it has not gone out since then, only used one match so far. We got our first bill and we could not believe it. 114 gallons for 6 weeks and that was when our temps were -60. Our house is a 2 story 2400 sq ft (1120 sq ft up and 1120 down) and the stove is downstairs with vents right above the stove and a ceiling fan upstairs that draws the warm air up. The house never drops below 70 and it usually is about 72 - 76 and has actually been over 80 upstairs which my wife LOVES. We burn Alaskan spuce and birch and it is not quite as dry as I would like but it burns okay. We just got another fuel bill and this was even better. 7 weeks with some cold spells mixed in and only 98 gallons! This also includes our domestic water and there are between 5-7 of us in the house, taking showers, laundry, dishes etc. We have already saved thousands of dollars and have barely had it a year. The house always feels warm when you enter and there is no more frost on the doors, the King is such a nice heater. I have gone through about 6 cords of wood and that is nonstop burning, it has not gone out. About every 4 weeks I rake the ashes to one side and remove them without letting it die down. There are very few products that I actually sort of LOVE. The iphone, my sonicaire toothbrush, my battery case for my iphone (doubles the life), my weber, my stilh and now my BLAZE KING! I really like the BULLET BLENDER too, oh and my Taylor guitar (I love the Big Baby's).
Conclusion: If you want to heat your house with wood, the Blaze King will fit the bill! I have not checked the forum as much as I did last year because I have switched most of my browsing to the iphone and I prefer apps as the browser is too small. I hope they come out with an app, or at least have the browser switch to app useage (our website has been optimized so that when you use an iphone it looks like and app). www.hotprinter.com

The verdict is in. THE BLAZE KING ROCKS! As you may recall, we installed our BLAZE KING ULTRA in about March of last year. This summer I bought a Stihl (2 actually) chainsaw and cut about 10 cords of wood. The Ultra allows me to cut them to 20" or more and then load them Straight in (North South?). I started this years fire on October 22, 2011 and it has not gone out since then, only used one match so far. We got our first bill and we could not believe it. 114 gallons for 6 weeks and that was when our temps were -60. Our house is a 2 story 2400 sq ft (1120 sq ft up and 1120 down) and the stove is downstairs with vents right above the stove and a ceiling fan upstairs that draws the warm air up. The house never drops below 70 and it usually is about 72 - 76 and has actually been over 80 upstairs which my wife LOVES. We burn Alaskan spuce and birch and it is not quite as dry as I would like but it burns okay. We just got another fuel bill and this was even better. 7 weeks with some cold spells mixed in and only 98 gallons! This also includes our domestic water and there are between 5-7 of us in the house, taking showers, laundry, dishes etc. We have already saved thousands of dollars and have barely had it a year. The house always feels warm when you enter and there is no more frost on the doors, the King is such a nice heater. I have gone through about 6 cords of wood and that is nonstop burning, it has not gone out. About every 4 weeks I rake the ashes to one side and remove them without letting it die down. There are very few products that I actually sort of LOVE. The iphone, my sonicaire toothbrush, my battery case for my iphone (doubles the life), my weber, my stilh and now my BLAZE KING! I really like the BULLET BLENDER too, oh and my Taylor guitar (I love the Big Baby's).
Conclusion: If you want to heat your house with wood, the Blaze King will fit the bill! I have not checked the forum as much as I did last year because I have switched most of my browsing to the iphone and I prefer apps as the browser is too small. I hope they come out with an app, or at least have the browser switch to app useage (our website has been optimized so that when you use an iphone it looks like and app). www.hotprinter.com
Glad your enjoying your unit ,I also got mine the same the same time as yours,after going through 4 woodstoves since 2004.Definitely a heater as you well know.

If I lived in a colder climate I think I BK would be at the top of my list. Speaking as someone who just finished his second year of burning, I think you will find that your "more seasoned" wood next year will provide you with more heat and you will use a little less wood.

I've said it many times. Blaze King is an awesome heater, the testimonials on here prove that time and again. I just wish they made the stove more appealing to look at. I'm not knocking you BK guys, I am just saying I find them downright ugly to look at. For the kind of money they cost, they will have to make them look alot better for me to buy one. When that time comes, I will be there with bells on......And to the OP, I can appreicate your liking of that stove. If I was living in northern Canada or Alaska, I'd get past the looks and buy one.....

just another reason i want to switch....gonna have to get a bigger pipe......princess would probably be ok, but i want the burn time of a king.....probably would be overkill here in southern maryland, but thats not really the point. burn times.......

cass

I've said it many times. Blaze King is an awesome heater, the testimonials on here prove that time and again. I just wish they made the stove more appealing to look at. I'm not knocking you BK guys, I am just saying I find them downright ugly to look at. For the kind of money they cost, they will have to make them look alot better for me to buy one. When that time comes, I will be there with bells on......And to the OP, I can appreicate your liking of that stove. If I was living in northern Canada or Alaska, I'd get past the looks and buy one.....

They're a lot less expensive on this side of the continent. I'm a BK believer but I would never pay east coast price for one.

Reactions: ScotO
They're a lot less expensive on this side of the continent. I'm a BK believer but I would never pay east coast price for one.

I read somewhere that the contract with the east coast distributor is up this year and they plan on doing something this time to make the stoves more in line with west coast prices, not sure what their plan is maybe the dealers order direct and cut out the middleman.

They'll probably average them so west coasters get screwed.

so many people say that the bk is ugly but i think it looks just fine. but even at that. you save so much on wood that its ridiculous. want to cut your workload in half with the wood. get a bk. its ridiculous how much wood you save. 4 months of non stop burning this year with a mild winter just bout 2 cords burned. do the math just makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.