Blaze King Royal Heir

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Feb 29, 2012
Missouri
I am thinking about buying a Blaze King Royal Heir stove model number RHT 2100. In my research I think the model is a 1986, would that be correct?
Therefor I am concerned that the catalyst may need to be replaced and that would add another $300.00
Also, can I reduce the flue from 8" to 6" after the initial collar?

Cobfree said:
I am thinking about buying a Blaze King Royal Heir stove model number RHT 2100. In my research I think the model is a 1986, would that be correct?
Therefor I am concerned that the catalyst may need to be replaced and that would add another $300.00
Also, can I reduce the flue from 8" to 6" after the initial collar?

i think i seen 6 to 8 inch adapters but havent seen 8 to 6

I would bet the cat does need replaced. Yes, you can get 8x6 reducers, your local hearth store will have them. These stoves really need to breath though, reducing it will likely cause it to smoke out into the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.