Blaze King Sirocco 30.1 estimate....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason763

Feb 14, 2016
Wisconsin
Hello. I just want to start by saying thank you, this site has been very helpful in my pursuit of getting a wood stove.
I received an estimate in the mail today from a hearth shop I went to last weekend and would like some opinions on the numbers. I am in southeastern Wisconsin. Our estimate was for a Blaze king sirocco 30.1 , plain Jane with legs and a 28ft interior flu. Two story home with 12/12 roof. Total price is $7925. The estimate is not itemized but I did find out the stove price is $2650. That leaves $5275. The owner said the flu would be double wall from the stove to the ceiling box and class A, stainless, insulated to the cap. Kinda pricey ?

Hello. I just want to start by saying thank you, this site has been very helpful in my pursuit of getting a wood stove.
I received an estimate in the mail today from a hearth shop I went to last weekend and would like some opinions on the numbers. I am in southeastern Wisconsin. Our estimate was for a Blaze king sirocco 30.1 , plain Jane with legs and a 28ft interior flu. Two story home with 12/12 roof. Total price is $7925. The estimate is not itemized but I did find out the stove price is $2650. That leaves $5275. The owner said the flu would be double wall from the stove to the ceiling box and class A, stainless, insulated to the cap. Kinda pricey ?

Lol o my god! i can tell you i bought for 1500 dollars 20 feet same setup as you just 8 feet less, included was alos the wall kit etc. I also (2) 45 elbows.

Can you do it yourself and or with some friends?

I agree. I got a 20 foot double wall setup with 1 6 foot telescoping dbl black pipe and ceiling support for like $1200. That also included the cap and all the sealing caulk and stuff.

It does sound high but if he is using premium quality pipe and depending on the complexity of the install it may not be that high.

How tall is it inside from the stove to the ceiling. Is it vaulted and open for the whole two stories? Seems they could be charging a premium for a steep roof and difficult interior?

In my area this is the going installed price Dealer is booked for two months.A cord of OAK is 660.00 per cord and people are buying.

How tall is it inside from the stove to the ceiling. Is it vaulted and open for the whole two stories? Seems they could be charging a premium for a steep roof and difficult interior?
I have 10ft and 9ft ceilings, so 1st floor, through 2nd floor bedroom, through unfinished attic and out roof. Was told it would be a straight run to cap with no elbows.

How will it be chased in through the second floor?

Straight run is a great thing IMO.

Reactions: Highbeam
In my area this is the going installed price Dealer is booked for two months.A cord of OAK is 660.00 per cord and people are buying.
My previous quotes for lower priced ($1800) non-cats have been between $4000 and $5000. Of the other shops the labor cost was around $700 and material for the flu was $1000-1800.
A cord of Oak here is going for $300-400. And I find that crazy

Last edited:
Sorry. How will it be enclosed?

Last edited:
Wood must be harder to get if they're getting that much. Around here there's trees everywhere, some dealers get it for almost nothing.

i can get a full cord of mixed hard wood cut split and delivered for around $300. or i can get a load of mixed hard wood logs dropped for $600 that when i cut and split it gives me 6 full cord.

on topic, when we installed our stove the Class A chimney pipe was just as expensive as the stove itself, your saying 28 feet inside, once it goes through the 1st level of floor / ceiling penetration it has to be Class A from there up so that can add up fairly fast. also have you asked them if you can get an itemized quote?

Last edited:
i can get a full cord of mixed hard wood cut split and delivered for around $300. or i can get a load of mixed hard wood logs dropped for $600 that when i cut and split it gives me 6 full cord.

on topic, when we installed our stove the Class A chimney pipe was just as expensive as the stove itself, your saying 28 feet inside, once it goes through the 1st level of floor / ceiling penetration it has to be Class A from there up so that can add up fairly fast. also have you asked them if you can get an itemized quote?
I've asked for an itemized estimate and he said no. Why not?

No opinion on the installed pipe pricing, other than to say that around here labor is $500 per man per day, and you're looking at a full day for two guys, there. The price on the stove itself is damn good.

No opinion on the installed pipe pricing, other than to say that around here labor is $500 per man per day, and you're looking at a full day for two guys, there. The price on the stove itself is damn good.
Sounds good on the labor rate. The Sirocco 20 is $2250 and the 30.1 is $2650. Both black with legs, blower and no ash pan.

That's a red flag in my opinion. I'd look for someone else to do the install if you can't do it yourself.
We don't itemize our quotes either. We clearly spell out the work to be done and do list the stove separately if we are selling a stove to them. But as far as the install we will not break it down anymore. We found when we broke it down we would get people asking us to omit the insulation or the blockoff plate or what ever to save some money and we will not do that. We install the way we feel it should be done if they don't want it done that way they can have someone else do it.

We don't itemize our quotes either. We clearly spell out the work to be done and do list the stove separately if we are selling a stove to them. But as far as the install we will not break it down anymore. We found when we broke it down we would get people asking us to omit the insulation or the blockoff plate or what ever to save some money and we will not do that. We install the way we feel it should be done if they don't want it done that way they can have someone else do it.

a quote is one thing because its basic, but when it comes to contract time if I'm paying someone to do a job they better be very specific. That being said when contractors are bidding on jobs they are very specific in their proposals cause if their not they, well lets just say you aint getting the work. Also don't forget The contracts are also written in mind to protect the contractor, a amended can be put in if the customer does not like what they have to say. From their you negotiate, but if your not specific in my book you don't get the job.

You have nothing to hide when your up front and write everything down on paper. to many guys say whatever it take to get the job, then when the get it nothing and renege on what they said, nothing is on paper so nothing holds up in court.

My fully decked out scirocco was 2950$ in central canada. I had two stoves installed at the same time and my total for install was about 3750 one stove was installed 100% the other one was chimney install only.

That's canuckistan dollars.