Blaze King T-Stat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evilgriff

Burning Hunk
Oct 14, 2007
Northern New Jersey
On my Sirocco, the knob has settings from L to H. When opened all of the way to the right, the knob stops at H. However, I can turn the knob way past the L setting when turning it to the left. Should the stove be lowered past the L? Not sure what happens when you do that. Most of the time I need less than L heat, but have only been setting it to the "L".

My Princess is numbered different but I can also go past the lowest numbered setting. I don't feel going any lower makes a difference since I can hear the t-stat close just below 1 on a stone cold stove.

My Princess is numbered different but I can also go past the lowest numbered setting. I don't feel going any lower makes a difference since I can hear the t-stat close just below 1 on a stone cold stove.
You have it right.
When you hear the t-stat click shut it does nothing to lower it much more..in fact if you do it will prolly never open any when the stove does cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.