BlazeKing Princess Ultra Measurement Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhambley

Sep 16, 2009
East Central Kansas
I'm building a new home and have decided to purchase a BK Princess Ultra. I've downloaded the online documents from BK but they don't call out the measurement between the center of the fresh air intake and the center of the stove pipe collar. I need to make certain that with my fresh air intake set in the slab, the stove pipe goes in between my roof trusses that are set on 2' centers.

Thanks for any help you can supply.

Here's a pic from my thread:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/highbeams-blaze-king-ultra-install.90089/

The OAK hookup is dead center of the stove and the back of the 3" nipple aligns within a very short distance from the back of stove where the 6" minimum clearance is listed. So from the back of the stove 2" forward to center of OAK. The center of flue spec is in the brochure.

Attachments

• BK oak.jpg
    BK oak.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 145
Since you hookup with flex duct to the OAK as shown, you don't need perfection.

The manual diagram shows it's 10.25 inches from the back of the stove to the center of the flue. Does that sound about right? Thanks for the info!

Yes, I just measured 10 with a ruler but accuracy is not perfect trying to measure to center with a double wall chimney installed. The outboard edge of the OAK inlet sits inboard about 1/2" from the back of stove.

Just list whatever measurement you need and I can get it. Will retrieve an actual tape measure if needed. If accuracy is critical I can be relatively accurate.

When I was setting up for the install I had a heck of a time figuring out the measurement from back of stove to front of stove. The front being the place where the 16" front clearance is measured from. Kinda important and with the sloped front of this stove, BK doesn't provide this dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.