Blazeking sirocco 20 rust????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhide371

Dec 13, 2013
NJ
Just was cleaning and noticed some rust on the thermostat adjustment bar. Should I be concerned? What else could be rusted. My house is dry all summer. This makes me sad!
9u4a9ajy.jpg

Lol, order the fan kit to cover it up....

Seriously, I wouldn't be worried.

Reactions: jeff_t
You house isn't as dry as you think! It's nothing to worry about either, it's common to see a little rust in a stove during the summer. On the ouside, not so common.

Would be nice to have that piece plated or painted to be a bit more rust resistant.

Probably caused by humid air coming down the stack, and moisture condensing on the cooler stove. Cover the top of the liner or stuff some newspaper or something in the flue exit from inside the stove. Better leave a note in the stove to remove the blockage before lighting. :oops:

At that rate it will be rusted through by the time your great, great grandchildren are in a nursing home! It's a travesty!

Reactions: Dhide371
Status
Not open for further replies.