Blazeking weekend!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2013
Rhode Island
So this is the weekend that I have been waiting for since Massburner sold me his princess insert. I am installing it tomorrow. I have only good things to say about my century insert. It is a great stove ours to the money. Burns hot and clean, just short burn times. (1.45 cubic ) Ian reallllllly excited to run with the big boys now. Between the new stove and the insulation being beefed up from my energy audit this spring it's gonna be a great winter! I've got 3.5 cords of good (2+year seasoned wood) and 2 cords of 6-8 month old wood. I am constantly on the Craigslist lookout for some more good wood. Bring on Mother Nature! I'll try and post pictures tomorrow after the install. Below is my current setup.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, very exciting. just curious, how old of a princess is it? reason i ask is bc im wondering myself how long the cats last until they need replacing. im first year with a new princess insert so im pumped as well. we froze the entire year last year wth a low thermostat setting for oil heat. i have 3 cords of 1.5 year mixed hardwoods, 2 cords unsplit rounds, and 1 ton compressed brick for backup.

The stove is six years old. I have a brand new cat that I will install after I get use to running it. From what I know they should last you 5 ish years. (Do the dollar bill test a few times throughout the season or else you will burn up a cat in no time). Maybe some of the more experienced guys can speak to this. Happy burning!

Congrats on the upgrade, tigger! Sounds like you have fuel worthy of a princess. Good thing, looks like we might get another doozy of a winter.

The stove is six years old. I have a brand new cat that I will install after I get use to running it. From what I know they should last you 5 ish years. (Do the dollar bill test a few times throughout the season or else you will burn up a cat in no time). Maybe some of the more experienced guys can speak to this. Happy burning!

Combustor life is not determined by years of use. Actually, the total number of cords burned, maintenance and care top the list.

Independent studies have shown a decade of use with proper care is easily achieved.

You can call us anytime to learn more.

509-522-2730.

Oh yeah, an air leak, such poor door seal can shorten the life of a cat, refractory materials and even secondary air tubes/baffles.

Have a great weekend!

Woohoo. It is in fact BK weekend. Or in my case, BK early to mid week.

My Unit should be here Mon or Tuesday.

Chris: Hope mine was built on a Tuesday through Thursday.

image.jpg
Well she's in!!! Now, if it wasn't 75 degrees out. Chimneys nice and clean and got her in nicely. Is the 22 inch top clearance for the bottom of the natural wood on my mantel, or the white trim? If it's the white trim, I may need to do some modifications to that. Anyway the hard part is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Tigger, I had buyers remorse after you took my baby home but look forward to getting my new stove installed. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.