Blazer Douglas Fir $187.00 a Ton Good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkthisout

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2010
NW
I can also get Okanogan or Eagle Valley Pellets for $160.00 A ton. Which would you choose?

Checkthisout said:
I can also get Okanogan or Eagle Valley Pellets for $160.00 A ton. Which would you choose?

This just makes me sick!

JoeS said:
Checkthisout said:

This just makes me sick!

x2 love all this bragging about these pellet prices and different brands of pellets. Still $240 around here ( dry creek and lignetics)

can you Try some of them first..

JoeS said:
Checkthisout said:

This just makes me sick!

Its called regional pricing. We have to pay the logistic fees(railroad and trucking) to get them here.

Checkthisout said:
Those prices would be a steal for us in New England. Some of the locals(from your area) will chime in and hopefully tell you if there competitive prices!

I really like my Blazers but I've never used Okanogins (sp?) before so try some bags and see if you like em.

I can't find anything around here for less than 269 ton. Even fredom fuel at HD is 249 ton

slvrblkk said:
OMG!!!!! is somebody messing with us with this post!!!!!!!! I would buy a lifetimes worth at that price!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you burning and where do you get your pellets in Northampton? I am somewhat familiar with Northampton as both my sons played ice hockey for several years for Northampton.

tsmith said:
slvrblkk said:
OMG!!!!! is somebody messing with us with this post!!!!!!!! I would buy a lifetimes worth at that price!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you burning and where do you get your pellets in Northampton? I am somewhat familiar with Northampton as both my sons played ice hockey for several years for Northampton.

My kids currently go to Northampton, I think they still have a good hockey program....This years pellets I got at Treecycle....I had to return what I bought last year because they burned terrible for me and Mike gave me a ton to replace the "bad" pellets...The previous years I got pellets from the Cozy Barn in Wind Gap...This year I started buying Stove Chows as they are burning great in my stove and at $187 a ton you can't go wrong. I bought a few bags from R&S Flooring in Walnutport and those pellets burn great too (Pellheat brand...formerly Firemaker brand I think) but they want $225 a ton but it's a good pellet.....Clean Energy's from Lowes burned great for me too but the Prestos were terrible with the ash content in them......

I went ahead and got one ton of the Blazers for $187.00

I had good luck with the bag of North Idaho Energy's given to me by the stove store but they cost around $240.00 a ton. Not worth it........

Here is a craigslist ad for the others. He is selling for about the same as everyone else and hopes to make a little on the delivery charge if he can.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/2123513398.html

Checkthisout said:

This is pretty indicative of "year-end" pricing. $160.00 for Okanagans is a great price and I would jump on it. Where did you see this price?

I've used Okanagan Pellets for the last 3 years and they are very consistent and very hot. Blazers are very good as well, however I haven't used them in a couple of years. Both brands are not easy to find in the greater Spokane area.

Gweeper64 said:
Checkthisout said:

tease ;-)

LOL. I often see these referred to as premium brands on here.

I didn't like the way the pine pellets smelled cooking in the hopper. I am surrounded and thus more familiar with the smell of Doug Fir. The smell inside the house and the smell of the exhaust are much more pleasant.

I did notice a lot of sap in the blazers. They appear to burn with a more orangish flame than the Pine Pellets and a tad more ash but I am warm.

BTU said:
Rooscooter said:
Checkthisout said:

This is pretty indicative of "year-end" pricing. $160.00 for Okanagans is a great price and I would jump on it. Where did you see this price?

I've used Okanagan Pellets for the last 3 years and they are very consistent and very hot. Blazers are very good as well, however I haven't used them in a couple of years. Both brands are not easy to find in the greater Spokane area.

All Ziggy's have pellets in a clear plastic bag...."Made in Canada"......Okanagan's in a different bag......trust me on this.........

BTU....I went by one Ziggy's today and no "Westwoods" or" Okanagans" or for that matter any clear bags at all! The manager didn't know what I was talking about. I called the person you referred to in your PM and left a message. I will go to his store tomorrow to see if they are real or a myth : )

I just got off the phone with home depot in Coeur d'alene and they have blazers for 187.00 I'm on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.