Bleeping cold last night but stash complete...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

midfielder

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2011
NH
Low 20's this am and this is what happened to my first year Marquette vines, even under plastic - true end of the growing season:
1013121649.jpg

So by way of consolation, I had to pick up a ton of Ambiance today - yeah, I know; didn't make the fourth ton by first frost, but the other three plus were in :p
Final tally: 2 tons VTs, 1 ton Ambiance
1013121651.jpg

1 ton Maine's Choice, 2/3 ton Fireside Ultras
1013121651a.jpg

Oh yeah, and a couple of cords of some good, dry hardwood.

Thanks - hoping those Ambiance live up to their reviews. Will find out soon...

I agree. Nice stash. You got my vote.

Whats the Cord wood for? Got a woodstove?
Yeah little woodstove for pre- and post-shoulder season.

Grapes not looking good...But on a bright note, OINK OINK OINK!

Sigh - yes, the grapes will have to take it up again in the spring... and indeed, oink!

As a matter of fact, a couple of mornings ago I woke up to these strange noises outside my window. When I came downstairs there were 3 pigs on the patio. Had to trap them in the barn for the neigbors to come and retrieve - they knocked over a partial hod of pellets left from clean out in the spring and started eating. Spread 'em all over. Wasn't real awake yet so at first I thought it might have been some of you guys nosing around the stash...

One of the hogs needs to anoit a new member.:ZZZ

midfielder welcome to the club!

Please add the following to your Signature

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK! !
"You pellet pigs should be ashamed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

midfielder welcome to the club!

Please add the following to your Signature

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK! !
"You pellet pigs should be ashamed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Done - many thanks. Humbled and honored.

After 1/3 bag; first take on the Ambiance - excellent so far. Too early to judge ash and glass, but heat seems strong and burn characteristics in my simple little top-drop are outstanding. Very low fines and nice smell of oak from the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.