Bless the old Vigilant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlalex

Oct 6, 2007
Hewitt, NJ
Yikes - Just back on the power grid yesterday morning after the juice went down Friday at 7 p.m. That's the longest I've been without power in my life (hell this is NJ - not Montana!)

It wasn't deadly cold but we did have 20" of the white stuff and it was cold enough. Bless you old Vig for keeping myself, Mum and the two pups warm. Never again will I complain how the stove is to big and hot for this space 8^)

Littlalex

littlalex said:
Yikes - Just back on the power grid yesterday morning after the juice went down Friday at 7 p.m. That's the longest I've been without power in my life (hell this is NJ - not Montana!)

It wasn't deadly cold but we did have 20" of the white stuff and it was cold enough. Bless you old Vig for keeping myself, Mum and the two pups warm. Never again will I complain how the stove is to big and hot for this space 8^)

I may finally get to fire my Vigilant up Thursday night. Suppose to get down to 40, which is sort of my target temp to fire up the stove for an overnight burn. It'll be mid 60s the next day so this may be the last time for a while. I've got the wood on the front porch ready to load it.

Littlalex

littlalex said:

Littlalex

Ah, you are bringing back memories of a long lost love- my old Vigilant. Glad to hear it kept you warm. My old stove kept the house warm for 11 days following the ice storm up here a few years ago......enjoy the Vig!

Status
Not open for further replies.