Block off plate liner dent question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all im installing my insert. The hole in my block off plate was a little tjght in one spot and to get in line my father inlaw started shoving. Well the plate put a dent in the liner. Its a forever flex liner. I can feel it from the inside theres no hole or anything just a crease/dent . And i screwed

If it's a tiny dent I wouldn't worry about it.

Perhaps you can back off the liner a little, trim the hole in the block off plate to be a bit larger, and seal the crack with furnace cement when it's done?

You should be able to push the dent out with your fingers once the block off plate is trimmed.

Whatever you do, check out the liner with an inspection camera after you push the insert into its final place and make sure it's not kinked there.

Its hard to see it's about in the middle of the photo. It just kinda looks like a bump. I can feel it and it doesn't seem to be punctured or anything just a dent or bump

Attachments

• 20191208_172339.jpg
    20191208_172339.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 85