Block off plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwit

Jan 2, 2010
long island
If I install an insert and seal the surrond to my existing stone work, Wouldn't a block plate be redundant? thanks, Ken

from what I have read here you need the blockoff plate so the heat does not go out the chimney and can be brought forward to fans and out to your room

I thought I should be concerned with room heat. Are you saying that the unit puts heat behind the surround? Ken

NO it goes on bottom of chimney so heat cannot go up chimney around the stove pipe that is going up the chimney so all heat is going out into the the room and not up the chimney. There are pictures of the install with the plate in place so look for those by seaching Block off plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.