Block Wood Delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdeuce

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2008
Western, PA
re.jpg It has arrived..... No more bark.... No more mess.... Let's just hope it burns!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
should be cool to stack.....you can probably build a wood shed out of it.....lincoln logs for adults, lol
Let us know how it burns>

Anyone up for a rousing game of Jenga . . . I mean stacking? :)

Reactions: Beer Belly
That's really cool!

I'm going to be adding a wood burning stove this summer and I'm in the process of doing my homework/research now.

I'm really curious about the blocks; facinated actually.

How did you come across them? Cost relative to more traditional split wood?

Hope they burn well for you too.

Thanks.

I had talked to my Wife about burning wood blocks / scrap, and she said...get this...."You can't burn it, it's not Firewood":rolleyes:

Is is kiln dried dimensional lumber cutoffs?

Might want to refer to your owner's manual about burning lumber, especially a non-cat, I recall it is prohibited. It will burn for sure but be careful not to load too much at first since it may off gas too fast and run away on you.

The cat stoves with their superior air control seem to love those mill ends.

I'm fresh out of firewood and stove myths and stereotypes.

Nice pile of clean firewood.
I don't think I'd even consider trying to stack all those sizes and shapes. Bin it somehow.

Do not stack that stuff too tight. It will turn into a mess.
I am not sure if it is an optical illusion or not, but some of those look like quite large dimensions. Any splitting involved?

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Do not stack that stuff too tight. It will turn into a mess.

+1. Been there (Jags thanks for pointing that out - I think I stumbled over trying say that in the OP's other thread). That big messy pile would be how I'd leave it, for drying, but I guess that's not an option for the OP (I'm in the middle of nowhere and have the room) billb3's suggestion is likely best - if you can, do the bin thing - or set up some chain link or something in the back yard, and toss them in. Or, maybe a few old pallets in the back corner of your property, against the fence? not sure there's a pretty solution, but if you stack it tight, you'll have an issue. At the very least, if you stack it, keep the blocks spaced apart, and then separate the layers with some thin strips ("stickers") for air movement.

I would love to have that pile sitting out on my back property. I think you got a good deal. You'll have to test drive it to see how it goes up in your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.