Bloody Eucalypus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob95065

Burning Hunk
Aug 13, 2013
Felton, CA
I picked up some eucalyptus yesterday. The sap looks like blood. Weird stuff.

When you get it on your hand it is really orange and dissolves with water

Attachments

• IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 139
I get this all the time in Aus - Not sure what it is but i find the wood normally splits there as it acts as a weak spot. That looks very similar to some of our gum wood. Is it hard to split.

CAM00091.jpg CAM00092.jpg

There are some pretty cool woods out in the western part of the country. My sister and Iwent to Jamaica last summer and theres some really strange trees growing there. Alot of roots above ground because the air has so much moisture in
it.

Call some ghost hunting shows. Tell them your trees bleed and must be possessed. I bet they show up and split that wood up to film it. You could also get paid to be on TV!

Neat........would be interested to know if that stuff acts like the rosin in pine trees (makes it burn faster)......

Reactions: jaychino415
Status
Not open for further replies.