Bloody thumbs up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebinthesky

Aug 31, 2015
Clinton,Ohio
Well,my wife bought me a Fiskars X27 and its a fantastic tool.It definitely aint the blunt force "monster" maul of yesteryear.Its lightweight and razor sharp!!!
I barely glanced my thumb with it today and cut myself pretty good.Its a serious tool!
I highly recommend it along with proper gloves and footwear while using it.An underswing into ones boot would not end well.

Yup its a great tool. Have split a lot of wood with my X25 in the past several years. But not a good one to get careless with. Try to keep your hands level with or below the head as you swing. If you do that it can never come towards you. I always have to remind myself as I tire not to get lazy with that.

Reactions: mikebinthesky
I just picked up the X27 as well, love it, has it's place though and for me its anything under 14-16" - anything bigger than 16" I use "Big Daddy" first to pop them in half, X27 eats it up after that. I was really surprised how well it works for it's weight - find a good hidden knot inside though and forget it, need Big Daddy.

Reactions: mikebinthesky
i think as i throw rounds in the pile for splitting im gonna make an X27 pile and a log splitter pile.I gotta leave the monster maul alone.Gettin older.Maybe my son or son-in-law will use it one day lol.

Tip for purchase--they sell them online at kohls(of all places lol).My wife had kohls cash plus an online coupon,got it for $36-shipped free

Reactions: TheAardvark
Status
Not open for further replies.