Blower fans won't come on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthewc1

Feb 21, 2014
New Jersey
I have a Jotul C 550 CB Rockland Fireplace Insert. The Unit is two years old. The fans are no longer coming on whether in manual or automatic switch mode. Do I need to replace something? Snapstat or Rheostat? Or maybe the switch?

This section is typically where folks with problems with the website post . . . I'll see if the moderators can move this to the hearth section for you.

I have a Jotul C 550 CB Rockland Fireplace Insert. The Unit is two years old. The fans are no longer coming on whether in manual or automatic switch mode. Do I need to replace something? Snapstat or Rheostat? Or maybe the switch?
Sounds like your not getting power to the unit. First check to make sure the outlet is working. If so, lift off the front grille and check to make sure the receptacle is seated properly in the receptacle bracket.

It's most likely the snap-stat. But you want to make sure that the outlet does have power first. If it does, be sure to unplug the cord before you mess with the snap-stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.