Blower Getting Louder and Suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

num1hitter

Feb 9, 2012
Reading, PA
I have been running my insert 24/7 for a few weeks and the blower on my Quad 4100i was fairly quiet but last night it started getting louder. I figured something might be be rubbing and causing friction so I sprayed it with some PB Blaster, when it cooled down this morning. It quieted it significantly but is still louder than previously. Does anyone have any suggestions to remedy the sound. I am probably going to take it out and look at it, possibly take it apart to see what I can find.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get it running like new or like it was last week? Or does anyone know what I should look for it I take it apart. I am most likely going to make a google search but figured I would check here first since this forum is extremely knowledgeable. Thanks a lot for any help!

First off and please correct me if I'm wrong, I wouldn't spray any petroleum type lubricant on the fan at all....that sucker is very close to a ton of heat...that being said, I take my blower off the stove to blow dust dirt and the massive amount of dog hair my houe contains.

You are correct about not spraying it when the stove is on. I waited until it cooled down this morning and sprayed it then turned it on. It was still a little louder compared to before.

As above, pull it out and blow/vacuum it out. You will be surprised of the dust bunnies in there, plus pet hair, if you have them :) those blowers suck up a lot of stuff, if they get clogged up, you'll kill it and have to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.