Blower help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddjsj4

Jan 12, 2012
Eastern PA
Hello all, first time poster. I have a Yankee pellet stove that I'm having an issue with and my dealer really doesn't have a clue. I just recently replaced my ignitor and for some reason I think my blower is different. One may not have anything to do with the other but I've noticed a difference. It doesn't seem to be blowing as much air as it used to.

If anyone has this stove does the blower have different speeds? And when I say that I'm not talking about the fan control knob. I seem to remember when the stove is lighting it takes 5-10 minutes to light then after enough heat builds up the blower would kick into a "higher gear". It defiantly doesn't seem to be heating the house like it used to. The blower just seems to be blowing at one speed throughout the whole process.

I hope this is enough info if not let me know.

Thanks
dave

ddjsj4 said:
Hello all, first time poster. I have a Yankee pellet stove that I'm having an issue with and my dealer really doesn't have a clue. I just recently replaced my ignitor and for some reason I think my blower is different. One may not have anything to do with the other but I've noticed a difference. It doesn't seem to be blowing as much air as it used to.

If anyone has this stove does the blower have different speeds? And when I say that I'm not talking about the fan control knob. I seem to remember when the stove is lighting it takes 5-10 minutes to light then after enough heat builds up the blower would kick into a "higher gear". It defiantly doesn't seem to be heating the house like it used to. The blower just seems to be blowing at one speed throughout the whole process.

I hope this is enough info if not let me know.

Thanks
dave

When was the last time the convection blower and its motor cleaned?

They tend to get full of crud and then less air flows through the heat exchanger and sometimes they slow down.

About two months ago I vacuumed out the area where the fan spins with a shop vac. Is there something else that should be done?

ddjsj4 said:
About two months ago I vacuumed out the area where the fan spins with a shop vac. Is there something else that should be done?

Take a look at it to see if it is full of stuff again. The cooling fan and the motor that spins the fan need to be cleaned as well.

If the blower's motor has oil ports it needs to be oiled with the oil specified on the makers plate every 6 months. This is usually but not alway SAE #20 non detergent oil aka 3 in 1 oil in the blue and white container. This is electric motor oil.

ETA: Geezer nap time.

Status
Not open for further replies.