Blower Motor Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chimneybrush

Jul 12, 2015
maine
Stove is 13 years old and the bearings got noisy. Local stove shop had a new motor for $125 out the door. New box says Regency made in Canada. Only issue it came with bare wires, not quite plug-and play
motor.JPG
The new motor is installed, old motor is out on the desk. The 3 connectors i added are on lower right. Also I had to add the black tubing that covers the wires. Actual wiring only took 5 minutes but for 125 bucks they could have added that stuff, not everybody has insulated spade terminals and 1/2" wire loom kicking around.

I kept the old motor, at some point i will try to take it apart and find new bearings. Anybody know where to find them? Blower motor for a Regency i2100

Probably lots of places to get them but I know of this site- http://eurtonelectric.com (bought brushes for my car's sunroof motor recently)

Might want to hit that new blower with a drop of synthetic motor oil every once in a while. Last forever perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.