blower noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neversinksmith

Nov 29, 2010
southern catskills
i cant believe there is a wood stove forum!!! ok guys, heres the issue. the blower for our avalon rainier is making noise (again) after 3rd season. its the front mount blower. i fixed it last year and now its back. i think the bearings/bushings on the main shafts are going as there is a bit of play in the fans. noise goes away @ certain rpms. does anyone know if there are rebuild kits for these fans or has anyone else had this problem and remidied it w/ new bushings? i cant spend another $200+ for a new blower. if you have a parts fish diagram that would help as i cant seem to find one online. thanks gang, bradford

It sounds like you replaced it once already. In that case did you save the old one? You could take it apart and see what it uses for bearings and maybe source better bearings based on the dimensions. Maybe you could match it up with another brand of motor based on its dimensions if you're not up to messing with bearings.

i didnt replace it before. i just adjusted by taking the slight bow out of the screen frame that had developed from poor engineering. this time i re-rivited the loose fan bodies back onto the frame.

Take it off, bring it in the garage and thoroughly hose it out with compressed air. Now plug it in see how it sounds, once on the bench it'll be easy to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.