Blower question for Heritage users

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rudysmallfry

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
Milford, CT
I'm considering adding a blower to my Heritage. With a price tag of $229 for the blower, and $79 for the rear heat shield, I want to know if it's a good buy. So just a few questions for those of you who have them.

1. Do I need to upgrade to double wall pipe to use it, or just add the rear heat shield?

2. Are they very noisy?

3. Does the blower have several speeds, or just on or off?

4. Does it work? IE, does it push the air around well.

I love my stove, but the bulk of the heat does stay fairly close to the stove. If the blower is efficient in moving the air further away from the stove, I'd like to add it.

thanks

Buy a $229 dollar celing fan. There much better at moving air, and silent. Run it on reverse, on the lowest setting.
You dont need to upgrade to double wall pipe unless you have clearacne issues.
You need the heatshield to use the blower ( once again, a total waste of money)
The blower is adjustable
Yea they work, but no better then a celing fan.

Normally the ceiling fan would be great, but this room has a drop ceiling.

Well then you dont have much choice for circulation, if you dont have room for a celing fan and you want circulation, then you either need a box fan or something on the floor, or the stoves optional fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.