Blower Question on my All Nighter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenDoo

Nov 21, 2006
Newbie here, great site, great info. I just ordered a blower for my All Nighter stove (mini-moe). This particular stove has a port on the right hand side for the blower. Just wondering if anyone knows if the blower attaches directly to the stove (seems like it would get too hot??), or do I need to get some kind of flex pipe to run between the blower and stove? I have a bunch of other questions, but I'll ask 1 at a time. Thanks.

Hi, and welcome

The All-nighters I've seen that had blowers all used some sort of flex pipe to connect the blower to the air inlet at the side of the stove. We had an all-nighter growing up, but we never had the blower for it. I think I've recently seen the kit with the flex hose on e-bay.

You are correct.... attaching it directly to the stove would be way to hot for the motor.

On my grandfather's Mid-Moe, the blow mounts to a tube on the back of the stove. I know that's of no use to you, but I just thought I throw it out there. Haha

Corie said:
On my grandfather's Mid-Moe, the blow mounts to a tube on the back of the stove. I know that's of no use to you, but I just thought I throw it out there. Haha

So how close to the stove is the blower motor? Is he using some kind of flex pipe like the others are suggesting?

Actually, he is using a piece of flex muffler pipe. Blow sits on the floor, because there are no provisions built into the stove to hold the blower on.

Hello.
We have a Moe All Nighter that was in our house when we bought it. How can I tell if it's a 'mini moe' or 'mid moe' or some other size moe? It has the blower port on the right side with a blower sitting on the floor connected with a flex pipe. The inside depth is about 30" if I remember correctly.
I guess this isn't all that important but i'm curious.
Thanks!

the fan kit (including the blower motor) attaches directly to the back of my Dutchwest stove (see photo below). The black panel on the back of the stove is not the edge of the firebox tho, so think of it almost like a double-walled flue connector. I can put my hand on the motor for a little while w/o burning the skin, altho it does get warm after several days of continuous burning w/ the reburner engaged (which is also on the bottom rear of the stove). The circular fan section has a cutout on each side on the top, each of which vent into a baffle that runs up the back of the stove, then angles towards the front of the stove between the firebox & the surface plate. The baffles then rejoin and exit out a cutout in the front of the stove. The air coming out the cutout is exceedingly hot and does a great job of increasing airflow to the surrounding area/rooms.

I dont often leave the motor running overnite just because Im cheap and dont want to use the electricity, and the cat would be the only one enjoying the heat exhaust.

Attachments

• DSC_0276.JPG
    DSC_0276.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,246
Status
Not open for further replies.