Blower replacement Kozyheat z42

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basswidow

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Milton GA
I am disappointed to find that a replacement blower for my Kozyheat Z42 is $ 325. Only one side has gone bad (squealing) - still it's best to probably replace both at the same time. I cleaned it and oiled it. The bad one - the motor shaft moves about an inch where the other is tight - so I know the squealer has a bad motor.

I have been searching and it looks like the blowers are fairly simple and available from various vendors generic for around 60 - 80 a piece. I can easily install them onto the existing bracket and reuse the cord and thermostat. Spending 150 vs 325 appeals to me. It currently has 2 fans pushing 75 cfm each total of 150 cfm. I am operating now on just one side (disconnected the squealer). Luckily - it went bad during the evening and not at 2 am.

I was wondering:
If anyone has replaced theres before with non factory matching parts.
If anyone can suggest a inexpensive vendor for blowers.
If anyone has ever bumped up the CFM output? I saw one that puts out 360 CFM - that would be awesome!

Oh yeah,

I am moving to Atlanta in just 1 month. So I hate to dump alot of money into my stove. My new house has a lame gas heatilator. I know how to fix that!

I sold all 15 cords of wood I had for the next few seasons. 9 cords were oak and it brought a tear to my eye to see it go. Sold it to a neighbor for $ 100 a cord - he loaded it himself. I sold all my ash and cherry to another neighbor $ 100 a cord. I've got 2 pallets of shagbark to get me thru til moving day.

It's killing me - that Sandy hit and I've got scrounges galore and I cant partake since I am moving. It's been awful here in NJ - in the aftermath of the storm, but its a wood burners dream !

Status
Not open for further replies.