1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Blower replacement Kozyheat z42

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by basswidow, Nov 16, 2012.

1. basswidow

basswidow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Milton GA
    I am disappointed to find that a replacement blower for my Kozyheat Z42 is $ 325. Only one side has gone bad (squealing) - still it's best to probably replace both at the same time. I cleaned it and oiled it. The bad one - the motor shaft moves about an inch where the other is tight - so I know the squealer has a bad motor.

I have been searching and it looks like the blowers are fairly simple and available from various vendors generic for around 60 - 80 a piece. I can easily install them onto the existing bracket and reuse the cord and thermostat. Spending 150 vs 325 appeals to me. It currently has 2 fans pushing 75 cfm each total of 150 cfm. I am operating now on just one side (disconnected the squealer). Luckily - it went bad during the evening and not at 2 am.

I was wondering:
    If anyone has replaced theres before with non factory matching parts.
    If anyone can suggest a inexpensive vendor for blowers.
    If anyone has ever bumped up the CFM output? I saw one that puts out 360 CFM - that would be awesome!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. basswidow

basswidow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Milton GA
    Oh yeah,

I am moving to Atlanta in just 1 month. So I hate to dump alot of money into my stove. My new house has a lame gas heatilator. I know how to fix that!

I sold all 15 cords of wood I had for the next few seasons. 9 cords were oak and it brought a tear to my eye to see it go. Sold it to a neighbor for $ 100 a cord - he loaded it himself. I sold all my ash and cherry to another neighbor $ 100 a cord. I've got 2 pallets of shagbark to get me thru til moving day.

It's killing me - that Sandy hit and I've got scrounges galore and I cant partake since I am moving. It's been awful here in NJ - in the aftermath of the storm, but its a wood burners dream !