Blower running whats your stove top temp? nc13

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
I just picked up the blower from Lowes this evening and it does make a big difference. I plan on using it on the colder days and nights to push the heat around more, which it does quite well. I raised the temp in the stove room from 74 when we got home from Lowes to 77 in minutes. (Like that!) I was wondering what that does to the stove top temps. i.e. fan running on low stove top reads XXX but really is ZZZ. Is there any correlation between the two? Right now I use the flue temp as a gauge to judge how hot the stove is and the look of the fire itself.

Also Lowes had the firewood cart marked down to $20, so I got that as well. For $20 it's worth it. The wheels are big enough to roll up stairs easily and holds enough wood for me for almost a day.

Charlie

I also picked up the blower today at Lowes and it does raise the room temp real fast. But, at a cost. It is really loud and quite annoying. I will also probably use it on only the coldest days. Last week we had a few straight days of 9 degrees and the whole downstairs of my stone home didnt get above 65 degrees. After my test today, I am sure that the stove with the fan will heat the house with no problem. I'll just need air plugs.

My blower seems to shave anywhere between 50F-100F off the Endeavor's top. However, if I let the stove get up to cruising temp (650F or so) for few minutes before turning it on, the blower seems to take longer to effect the stove top temps. If I load up with the blower still running, I can only reach 550-600F, and then it doesn't seem to hold those temps as long.

Pagey said:
My blower seems to shave anywhere between 50F-100F off the Endeavor's top. However, if I let the stove get up to cruising temp (650F or so) for few minutes before turning it on, the blower seems to take longer to effect the stove top temps. If I load up with the blower still running, I can only reach 550-600F, and then it doesn't seem to hold those temps as long.

+1 with the Englander 30

When the outside temps are above 20°F I don't even use the blower. :cheese:

It is loud I will say that. My stove is in the "sitting room" no tv so I can't hear from the main couch. I needed to heat more air to get the back room warmer on below 20f days. Last night I let the blower run all night and in the morning the stove room about the same as it's been. The back room was 2* warmer than the night before with a out the same outside temps. I will use it more to get things warmed up quick cuz I have a lot of cold starts and at bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.