blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philbrick

Mar 20, 2011
chicopee ma
Besides blowing the air around does it have any other use neg/post. And does everybody always put the blower on max

A positive is the higher settings move more air around. So there is better circulation of the heat. But go up slowly. If you move the air accross the heat exchanger too fast it doesn't extract as much heat(less efficient).

Higher setting cons are more noise in the room. Specially when its next to the telly!

I am sure there is more to add here too!

thanks...the longer i have the stove the smarter i get. The smarter i get the more i need to know to ask more questions :)

I run med heat high blower, it heats the whole house, very much like a hot air furnace.
I am still amazed how evenly it heats the house. Convection blower on to off is usually 40-45 minutes.
Quiet fan and stove is out of the way.

I try to maximize the time the air is in the exchanger. So, generally run on low when the pellet feed rate is low. If I turn the blower speed up (rarely), I increase the feed rate some to make the exchanger hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.