blowers - are they worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..... not so great news. Franklin was right, the kit is marked obsolete so it cannot be ordered anymore. They said if you order TWO of the fans and the cord you have basically the full kit. All the stuff to mount it is either attached to the unit already or comes with the fans. With the prices in my computer its around $370 for both fans and the cord/speed control. The fan kit comes with two fans (one for each side) and he looked up that 832-3190 part number and that is just a single fan.

Indeed, go with a blower: alot of the folks that buy used stoves from me are extremely interested in whether or not a blower comes with. My experience with owning a Lopi Liberty, Avalon Pedelton and a Harmon Exception wood stoves are that a blower is extremely valuable in moving warm air. www.usedwoodburners.com
thanks
ck

jtp10181 said:
Ok..... not so great news. Franklin was right, the kit is marked obsolete so it cannot be ordered anymore. They said if you order TWO of the fans and the cord you have basically the full kit. All the stuff to mount it is either attached to the unit already or comes with the fans. With the prices in my computer its around $370 for both fans and the cord/speed control. The fan kit comes with two fans (one for each side) and he looked up that 832-3190 part number and that is just a single fan.

Thanks again for all your help JP (and elk) so $370.00 for a fan kit :eek: wonder if i could come up with something a little less expensive from Grainger

Stevebass4 said:
jtp10181 said:

Thanks again for all your help JP (and elk) so $370.00 for a fan kit :eek: wonder if i could come up with something a little less expensive from Grainger

The problem you are going to have is the placement of the fans on that insert. High and on each side of the shroud. Unlike any insert blower setup I have ever seen.

But I sure bet that if what was said above about the mounting hardware already being there is true that a couple of large muffin fans could be adapted to that sucker. It should be like my old Sierra insert where convection air kept the fans from harm even when they weren't running.

BrotherBart said:
Stevebass4 said:
jtp10181 said:

The problem you are going to have is the placement of the fans on that insert. High and on each side of the shroud. Unlike any insert blower setup I have ever seen.

But I sure bet that if what was said above about the mounting hardware already being there is true that a couple of large muffin fans could be adapted to that sucker. It should be like my old Sierra insert where convection air kept the fans from harm even when they weren't running.

Thanks BB - found a muffin fan today

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...=cooling+fan&kw=cooling+fan&parentPage=search

and attached it to the shroud everything seems great - thanks again for the tip of the muffin fan

Status
Not open for further replies.