BLOWERS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bulldawg said:
I HAVE A 1557, IS IT POSSIBLE TO WIRE THE BLOWERS FROM THE 1557 TO THE BLOWER(ONLY) OF THE CENTRAL PROPANE FURNACE?
yes some models are sold with or with out a blower i beleave thats how laynes69 has his furance done.

This can be easily done with a relay, it can attach to your junction box on the back of your add-on. A RIBU1C relay as found on eBay for under 15 bucks will do. Connect the 120 volt portion of the relay to the wires going to the fans and run a 18-2 low voltage wire from R and G of your fan center in your gas furnace to the normally open contact wires in the relay.

Mine is done just like stated above with the relay. But I removed the existing blowers and rely on the LP furnace's blower. I wouldn't run the blower like that unless you have a series install. A parallel install should rely mostly on the woodfurnaces blowers. The 1400-1800 series are all sold with the blowers. The inly woodfurnace that is optional on the blower is the 1950 epa unit. The reason is the 1950 is specifically designed to be installed in a series configuration. Either from the left or the right. I have seen the 1950's with a blower and box, those can be installed as a stand-alone.

Series. You cannot run 2 sets of blowers in a series install. There is a trunk that runs from the plenum of the LP furnace into the rear of the woodfurnace. From there it goes out the top of the woodfurnace into the main heat trunk of the ductwork. This way there are no dampers, and the cold air returns are fully used. I went from those little 550 cfm blowers to a 1500+ cfm blower on the LP furnace. Its a simple setup, much more efficient than a parallel install.

Status
Not open for further replies.