Blowers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Minister of Fire
Mar 2, 2007
South Western Wisconsin
With the intense heat of lets say a DutchWest would a blower be a good idea? There are different schools of thought just wondered if they are worth the money, or is my ceiling fan close to the stove enough? So my basic question is not just to move air but is there a net gain of heat using a fan?

Thanks
Bill

It really depends on the installation and the home design. Sometimes it is better to move the cooler air into the warmer room than to try and move the hot air around. Warmer air will flow to cooler areas but in my experiences the cooler air didnt flow to the warm.

Since I did this with fans my first floor temps are almost equal and the second floor (3 bedrooms) is much more even.

Attachments

• Floor plan 2 27.jpg
    Floor plan 2 27.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 320
Not to be an ass, but we cover this about once every 10 days for the past several months. Try the search function, there should be dozens, if not hundereds of posts out there already.

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.