Blown Fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenwing

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2012
Northern Maryland
About a month ago I posted a thread about about a blown fuse. Service tech, and enviro rep could not figure out why. tonight when i walked downstairs I saw the buildup in the pot, and new the fuse blew again. Eric was right lol, It waited for a cold night to blow. The dealer put the fuse in wrong, and I had to bend the tabs back into shape to get the fuse to fit properly. Thanks god I did not damage anything. Anyway, what would be the cause of the fuse to blow every once in a while. I am wondering if the agitator could be getting caught on some pellets in the burn pot, causing resistance, and making the agitator motor pop the fuse. As soon as I put a new fuse back in, it fires right back up, and it may run now for another month? I am scratching my head, and my warranty just ended go figure.

With cars, if a problem is documented before the warranty runs out, it's still covered. We can only hope pellet stove manufacturers are as responsible. :confused:

I hope so, I am gonna fire it up later, and keep a eye on it, and give them a call and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.