Blue Max chain brake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry_NJ said:
Stihl, German? Well that explains the strange spelling of the name. In the USA that would be spelled STILL.

In the US, Stihl is pronounced "Steel" and everything under 70cc is built in Virginia Beach VA.

Steel, you say, must be the bad diction in my ear. That goes with the bad diction out of my mouth, so it all matches up. Things break down when I type it, the diction is lost, replaced with bad spelling : (

BB, lets us know how the new saw works, but I don't have 17 years left to witness it lasting that long. The "Hot Damn" is good, and yes, it made me smile to imagine the scene of you showing up to save the lost souls (right spelling, I hope). I could have use some of you around here when NJ got its first ever October snow storm. The hardwoods were mostly in full leaf. I had a foursome of Birch (one tree with four trunks, don't know maybe four trees planted close together - I didn't plant them) that were full size on one side of the driveway and a maple on the other. All four of the Birch came down with each at 90 degrees to its two neighbors, they didn't break, must have bent over as far as the roots could take and then split apart in the center with the outer roots still in tact. Two came across my driveway to be matched by a large Maple branch coming down from the other side and lying right between the two Birch trees (these were at least 30' tall with a base trunk over 12" - one bigger as it was oblong). So, I was totally blocked, I couldn't even drive the Subaru or Suzuki (AWD) around on the grass. So there I was, out there with my 14" Homelite that hadn't been run in a year trying to clear a path. As you've already read, the Homelite was touch-and-go on even running, but I got the driveway cleared, even without a neighbor showing up with "real chain saw". This in part because being on over 5 acres and having neighbors with similar size property, there were not many neighbors in "ear shot". Thinking about it none of the near neighbors even have chain saws, is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.