Blze King Question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YukonBrett

Nov 26, 2013
Yukon
I've got a new BKKU...went to turn the T-stat the other day, thought it was at the bottom, thought it was at the top, before 1, was at the bottom, past three...turned the knob and it went about two inches past its usual stopping point. Then it had a bunch of play making it hard to tell where it was resting...thought I'd stripped it, but tightened the set screw and it got rid of the play...problem is, the knob is not at the same set up as from the factory...anyone help me figure out how to get the knob back to where it was originally? Also, my t-stat turned originally nice and smooth, but is kind of gritty now...anyone else. Is it normal for the cat bypass handle to just pull off with little effort, or should it be fairly firmly attached?? Too many questions...I know...Thanks!

I've got a new BKKU...went to turn the T-stat the other day, thought it was at the bottom, thought it was at the top, before 1, was at the bottom, past three...turned the knob and it went about two inches past its usual stopping point. Then it had a bunch of play making it hard to tell where it was resting...thought I'd stripped it, but tightened the set screw and it got rid of the play...problem is, the knob is not at the same set up as from the factory...anyone help me figure out how to get the knob back to where it was originally? Also, my t-stat turned originally nice and smooth, but is kind of gritty now...anyone else. Is it normal for the cat bypass handle to just pull off with little effort, or should it be fairly firmly attached?? Too many questions...I know...Thanks!
Does Blaze King have a customer service department? If so, I would try them. They would be the experts.

Not sure how local your dealer is in the Yukon, but that would be my first try. If not, call the Walla Walla facility. They are usually helpful. Or start a conversation with BKVP, he is a poster here.

He has asked us tinkerers not to post some things about the thermostat. If you don't get anywhere, PM me.

And yes, the handle supposed to be easily removed. I've never pulled mine off, but it does get pretty warm. I imagine with a parlor or classic model, with no side shields, it could get darn hot.

And welcome.

Last edited:
I have a new one as well and I don't notice any grittiness. I'm not at home right now but the t stat knob when turned all the way low and all the way high go quite a bit past the 1 and 3, almost surprisingly so, to me anyways.

I took the knob off at one point removing the side shields, I turned it all the way low and made note of where the set screw was positioned, when putting back on I double checked by looking at the impression made by the screw. You might be able to take yours off and carefully look for the original impression made by the set screw and not the second tightening you mentioned.

Like others have said though, you can't go wrong calling headquarters, good luck.

Ps. Stove is a serious heater and has exceeded my expectations of what a wood stove can do

Reactions: webby3650
Q2 - are you burning without your side shields? How do you like that? I'm considering doing it.

Q2 - are you burning without your side shields? How do you like that? I'm considering doing it.
No I have to run side shields cause of close clearances, I took them off initially during install just to inspect stove. I thought about taking the opposite shield off for some extra heat transfer but I like to keep my next load of wood on that side.

I just got home and looked at t stat dial, full on is at 3.5, fully closed almost goes all the way back around to where a 4 would be if it had one. I actually forgot it had a 3.5 cause I got tight clearances it's hard to see that last dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.