BNIB Huskey 345

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
JUst bought a brand new in the box Huskey 345 w/ 16" bar. Never been used or started until I cranked it over. Paid $150. Your opinions on price paid and performance how does it compare to others in its class?

ok not sure is this a xp saw and a 50cc saw?

overflow stock out of the back of some dude's car? was he "authorized by his employer to sell these at a discounted rate".?????

Jay, I think this is the saw they replaced with the 445. I think that's a 45cc saw.

Danno77 said:
Jay, I think this is the saw they replaced with the 445. I think that's a 45cc saw.

should make a good firewood saw be in the same range as the ms 250 and the price sounds great!

Yes it the 45cc unit I think it's discontinued. My FIL won one last year with a 16 bar (dealer had some in stock and used them for donations) . He has used it doing some trimming and is very happy with it. He was told they went for around 300.00 new so it sounds like you got a great deal !

I've got the 445 version and I do like it. Great firewood saw, iffy on the larger applications. The price is incredible. You can buy the 445 from the big box store for $315, and I bought mine off the net for $230. So 150 looks like a steal! My guess is that you'll love it.

My local dealer had a new in box 345. Well I thought that he would hold it however, it was sold.So I bought a new 445. It is not a pro saw but this thing just cuts like a larger saw. The only thing I dd not like was that the carb was set to lean. I had to order a special tool but it now 4 strokes the way I like it. To cut through the lard and get to the bone is this is a great saw for the price. Quiet, near zero vibration and great gas economy, Ken

Nothing wrong with a 345 especially at that great price. My buddy has used one for four or five years without any problems that I know of. It is the first saw he grabs and does about 95% of all his cutting. It is a consumer grade saw and I believe it doesn't have an adjustable chain oiler.

good job

I have the 345(e) bought it TSC about 2-3yrs ago seems like it was 289.00 or so with 18" bar. I have since changed over to a 16" bar. Saw works great starts by the 3rd pull when cold. 1st pull when hot. Cut everything I have put it too (oak, beech, hickory, polar). Next to no vibration. I like it a lot and it is my 70-80% saw for most jobs round here. I use it for firewood and land clean up of 17 acres. Main reason I dropped down to a 16" bar is I also purchased a HUSKY 460 with a 20" bar. These 2 saws cover all my cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.