Bobcat splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisg

Sep 6, 2007
NEK VT
My wife sent this to me, I like it alot! Don't know if it has been on here a hundred times before I just had to put it on though.
Looks like you might have to finesse the cut offs a little but I could definately make it work.

th_woodsplitter.jpg

I had this forwarded to me yesterday as well. WOW. The speed at which that splitter arm pushes that wood through an 8-way split is impressive. Thanks for sharing.

I just wanna know where to buy the attachment and how much it costs!

I'm *this* close to buying a Bobcat for other work, and this might just close the deal. ;-)

My guess would be around $23,000 for the processor.

How come on most every splitter video I've seen, the wood is always small and splits really easy. I never see a processor working on 120 year old 48" diameter notty white oak with a ton of nails driven into it. Which, BTW, is what I always seem to be working on. Ya know, the kind you have to split with a sledge and a wedge 'cause the round you cut is too big to move. Just a thought.

Because if folks saw the splitter struggling, no one would buy it. They make everything look easy for marketing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.