Bogs Boots, anyone using them? How do you like them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingpol

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2010
Merrimack Valley, MA
My BIL had a pair of these boots outside on his porch today. He was not home, so I was unable to ask him how he liked them. Does anyone wear them, and how do you like them? His had neoprene uppers and rubber soles. I don't think they would be good for long walking or hikes, but for mucking around the yard or ice fishing may be nice.

http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/styles/mensShoes/viewAll/page-1.html

Quality product. I bought them last year for my wife and two daughters. Very well made product. Looks like they will get a couple more years of wear out of them. Dont think I would be running a chainsaw with them, but they are waterproof and well made. Huge selection of colors and styles. Hope this helps.

I have the Bogs Steel Toe Ranchers, and I really like them. I wear them around the farm and especially during snow removal (hand shoveling and on the tractor w/snow blower). They fit great and my feet have never been cold, even in 0*F weather.

Thanks for the reviews. I like that there are no laces on many of them. When ice fishing, I strap ice creepers on and many times the straps and laces on my boots freeze up. I just want a boot to slip off and put regular shoes on for the drive home. Comfort is important, as I am standing on ice for several hours and cold feet can ruin a trip out.

You can also take a look at the Muck Boots. I use the Arctic sport. I love those boots. They appeared to me to be better made than the Bogs but that is just my opinion. You probably can't go wrong with either.

Muck Boots are the original. Everything else is a knock off. They are made better than the bogs. In my former life I used to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.