Boiler decision made....well sort of:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
muncybob said:
The EKO with it's "puffing"(as Eric described it) seems to be a candidate but we are open to all input here.

If its puffing the draft can be wrong.
One guy here have that problem but solve it whit a thing that keeps the draft steady.
I don't now the english word for it.

Here a video of my when its windy outside.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEycuK_9Zb4

The other thing that can cause "puffing" is if the primary and secondary air is not in the right ratios. From what I have heard drier wood requires a larger percentage of secondary air, can anyone with a gasifier confirm? I think this is the problem Eric actually had as he ended up adjusting the secondary air. I believe on the Tarm it is a relatively easy adjustment because they have provided a knob by the upper left of the gasifcation chamber door to do this. On the Eko it was a more complicated adjustment and I don't think it could be done with the unit in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.