Boiler Loading Units

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tennman

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2009
Southern Tenn
Well been forever guys. Means my boilers have been working well. I have a Laddomat Loading Unit on my BioMass Stick Boiler and a Caleffi on my Windhager pellet. The Laddomat has a leak and the Caleffi has been trouble free. Every year, once or twice have to remove the motor from the Laddo and spin it to free it up and spin. Tolerances are so tight looks like water scale binds it up. Never with the Caleffi. But apparently NEITHER Laddo or Caleffi sell their loading units in the U.S. anymore. I guess I need to connect with a distributor in the UK or Italy. Unless you guys have a better idea. These loading units are the bee's knees for controlling boiler startup and charging storage. Windhager 65kbtu continues to be a reliable beast with rare hicups.

Blessings to all! Larry

I've used LK823 loading valve with a separate Grundfos Alpha 2 pump on two different boiler installs. No issues with either and the combo is less expensive than a combined loading unit. Purchased the LK823 from Tarm Biomass and the Grunfos pump is readily available.
The Alpha 2 pump has a summer mode that runs the pump once a day to prevent rotor lock up.

Reactions: sloeffle
Just to close this out. Seems like no one is using loading units any longer. Just using mixing valve and pump since doing it with 2 components is about 1/3 the price of the now $900 Laddomat 21-100.

Hadn't called Smokeless but will. Rather not redo all my plumbing and just put in another Laddo. Thanks Maple and HH.

Just to close this out. Seems like no one is using loading units any longer. Just using mixing valve and pump since doing it with 2 components is about 1/3 the price of the now $900 Laddomat 21-100.

Hadn't called Smokeless but will. Rather not redo all my plumbing and just put in another Laddo. Thanks Maple and HH.
Don't close it out there, lol. Please let us know what you end up doing. What I would have to do if my LK ever konks out is always in the back of my mind.

Would any of the thermobloc units from Caleffi work? There are a couple places on the web that has them if Dean at Smokeless Hear doesn't have the LK unit in stock