Boilers in Bangor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
As many of you know, the trade association I work for, the Northeastern Loggers' Association, puts on forest industry trade shows around the Northeast. Last weekend we had a show in Watkins Glen, NY, which was pretty well attended despite the weather. We had an Econoburn, a few Atmos boilers, an EKO and a Central Classic on display, plus some Taylors and other OWBs.

May 1-2, we're having an even bigger show in Bangor, Maine. So far, we have the following gasification rigs lined up for display (in addition to a whole mess of skidders, whole tree processors, firewood splitters and processors, chain saws & accessories, etc. etc.):

Econoburn
EKO
Atmos
Garn
Central Classic
Wood Gun

And probably a few others that I'm forgetting.

You can get into the show free of charge if you sign up online before Friday, April 17. Here's the link:

http://nefpexpo.net/Batregform.htm

Hope to see many of you there!

might not know about it. Also I think there is a Garn dealer not far from there. I think he did the common ground fair last season. I'll see if I can find the name. Seems like I got it from Garns website.

Seems odd to me, too, considering all their competitors are going to be there.

I wish I would have known about the show in Watkins Glen. Would have liked to meet some fellow gasifiers. Jeesh, that sounds kind of disgusting! My bad...

np

Eric, I am moving and I have one brand new 90K Green Horizon Boiler left to sell. Would it be possible to show this one unit? By the way these units are now UL/CSA approved... I am also calling the manufacturer to see if he is interested in a booth...

I just followed the link and see the show is May 1st and 2nd so I am not sure if I will still be in Maine then but if I am I will be at the show...

The Garn dealer is Chris Holly - I forget the name of his business. Radiant ... something or other...

Hi, is this event just for people who work in the forestry/heating industry? From the sign up form it sounds like it... My company I work for isnt in forestry and has no relivenace...

Id like to go and learn more about gassifiers and meet some other forum members.

~ Phil

There are no restrictions on who can come, other than you have to pre-register by April 17 (free) or pay $7 at the door. Most people not involved in the forest products industry won't do either, but you're free to come, especially if you have an interest in one of the products on display. Just leave the job/industry categories blank or choose "other."

mpilihp said:
Hi, is this event just for people who work in the forestry/heating industry? From the sign up form it sounds like it... My company I work for isnt in forestry and has no relivenace...

Id like to go and learn more about gassifiers and meet some other forum members.

~ Phil

I took my 8 year old daughter to the Watkins Glen show. It was a nice way to see the different boilers side by side and my daughter got a kick out of the big firewood processor.

We're signed up, probably be there on Saturday, if other forum members are going and you dont use your name on the forum could you put your forum ID on your name tag? Would be nice to meet a few of the folks that have helped us get our wood boiler going.

~ Phil

Eric thanks for the link to sign up. I hope to see all maine gasifiers there. sweetheat

I'm planning to be there... You've been warned! %-P

Gooserider

Huskurdu said:
I wish I would have known about the show in Watkins Glen. Would have liked to meet some fellow gasifiers. Jeesh, that sounds kind of disgusting! My bad...

np

Only when you ANALize it. We gassers are a peculiar sort as we try to convince others it's the only way to go. We even show pictures of the whole process and discuss ways for innovative tweaking of the primary and secondary gasses. If that's not enough we dare ask and compare on how long of duration and how hot we can get our gas and even ask about nozzle comparisons. We even computerize for control and analysis so we can encourage others to follow our examples. The part that rips me though is when we go into confession about whether we have forced draft or inductive blowers with the inquisitive on-looker and never feel sorry for the guy. You see Huskurdu? That wasn't so bad! Was it? lol

Don't forget, the show is May 1 at Bass Park in Bangor. I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

We're going to have:

Garn
Econoburn
Wood Gun
EKO
Atmos
Central E Classic

And a whole lot more on display--logging equipment, saws, splitters, sawmills, firewood processors, biomass grinders and chippers--you name it!

I will be there as well. Pre-registered and will put my Boiler Room name on my tag!

Don't know if I'll put my user name on my tag, but I'm your typical 5'8" 220lb bald guy with his right arm in an oversized black sling. :coolsmile: Hanging out looking at the mini sub..... errr.... I mean the Garn :p

Just ask for me around the registration area in the Auditorium and if I'm around, somebody will point me out. That's typically where I hang out.

Looks like I will make it there, its my birthday so I will give myself the day off, and it aint far from here, I would like to see a Froling.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.