boilers in the basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssupercoolss

Jan 28, 2008
southeast pa
407896969_o4D8U-M.jpg

ready to go down a pretty narrow set of steps

407897456_CWgSd-M.jpg

my buddy calls this 4 guys waterskiing off the back of a dishwasher.

407897729_HJShp-M.jpg

it went down on a flat cart, with the planks on the steps

407897603_zXuqZ-M.jpg

biggest helper, although he wanted to help so much he jumped over a four foot gate, so he had to be restrained

all and all a very successful evening. i think it took 15 mins to get from the garage, which is basically on the other side of the fridge, to its final resting place. i jammed the 2 rear whells on the cart in hopes that it would slow it progress down the steps. seemed to work out pretty well. my life for the past week has been all about this boiler, as you can see from the kitchen counter....a taco pump, behind that is an aquastat, the quintessential beer, flashlight, pipe fittings.....

looks like they should add "ARM STRONG RIGGING" on there shirts. Good job, Those things are heavy .
leaddog

Good job....I for one am very glad that getting my Tarm in the cellar was not part of my project.

It's all part of the fun. Hooking them up is fun, too.

It's always satisfying when those things go according to plan and you realize, when the thing is up and running, that you did it all yourself.

EDIT: I see you guys got into the beer before moving the boiler down the stairs.

GONGRATS on lowering the boiler into the basement good to have strong half intoxicated help (fully intoxicated is a different story).
I figured on average for every ten feet have a cold beer waiting for the help avalible right away,and double that for the stairs..Keep in mind during the entire process moving,planning,setting up,piping,and useage the search engine on this site is an awsome reference at ALL PHASES, best of luck on your install keep us updated BTW your pics came out crystal clear NICE...Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.