Boilers opinion....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you like your Harman HydroFlex 60 now that you've had it awhile? My furnace room is a little restriced so the physical size of this unit caught my attention. I am wondering if 60,000 BTU's will be enought. (my present oil hog is 100K) How many square feet is your house and are you heating two levels? Does it keep up with the demand, or when it gets real cold does your other furnace kick in? I'm asking these questions because I'm going to do something but I haven't made up my mind yet. I"ve been looking at a Harmon Accentra, and then I found the pellet boilers and got interested in them. The price difference between the stand alone and the pellet boiler is less then $2,000. ( and I might qualify for the NH rebate. Thanks for your advice.

Hot_h20 said:
Check my past posts for info on the HF60- for the size of the foot print and the amount of pellets it uses, you'll most likely be happy with this model.

Your quote of $8000 is almost twice what I paid for mine @ $4500, btw. (This was when Harman was doing a 20% off deal, tho. Probably not the time of year they're apt to do this)

I clean once a week, takes about 1.5 hrs. The most time consuming part is pulling the heat exchanger baffles and cleaning them.

Hi Don...Were you considering this unit before buying your Avalon? Or are you still considering it in addition to?

Don2222 said:
Hello

I got a quote for the HF60 for $4700.00 but with all the extra's it may be a little more?

Don2222 said:
Hello

I got a quote for the HF60 for $4700.00 but with all the extra's it may be a little more?

Hi Don. Where did you get your quote from? The dealer in Pelham told me that he knows nothing about them and chooses not to sell or deal with them.

Pel_Don said:
Hi Don...Were you considering this unit before buying your Avalon? Or are you still considering it in addition to?

Don2222 said:
Hello

I just saw this. I'm still procrastinating. I have been reasearching pellet boilers as well as stoves. I got one quote for $25,000 to $30,000 for a P4 Froling install by Tarm. Another today from Woodmaster for $17,000. These include bulk storarge bins for pellet delivery. With this I would qualify for the NH rebate of up to $6,000 or 30% whichever is less. ..........Out of my ball park. If I had that kind of money to spend I may as well just keep paying for oil. LOL.....

I got a wake up call today when I saw the price of home heating oil. It has become an economic disaster for me. I arrived in my home last thanksgiving weekend, too late to buy in on an oil contract price, and now, so late in the season, I feel I'd be taken advantage of purchasing a new stove now. Like someone said here, Harmon offered him a 20% discount last June. In a contradictory statement by another local Harmon dealer that I visted, she said, " you better purchase by April before the seasonal 4% increase that comes every year. ( I don't trust salesmen ) So that's where I am in my ongoing process to find an alternative to paying $3.70 per gal for heating oil.

my local harman dealer told me he would rather not sell me a hydroflex. Told me they had to be cleaned daily due to heat exchange design. Told me he wouldnt promote it untill they change the design and that I would be much happier with the pb105.(which is too big and dont want) I know some dealers around here will give you a returning customer discount, you may want to try that route.
Im waiting to hear from more hydroflex owners before I make the purchase. I called all over the state of Maine asking dealers how many they sold and only came up with a count of 5. I was very surprised.

Harman xxv heats my whole 2000 sq ft cape to over 70 degrees even when its below zero with what others call "shoulder pellets".

Status
Not open for further replies.