Bolt clamping load table

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jklingel

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2007
Fairbanks
I THINK I know what I need..... Does anyone have a link to bolt clamping load tables? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this equates to "bolt failure load", assuming the bolt is in steel, properly lubed, torqued, etc. I am just curious about what load a 1/2"-NF, SAE grade 8 bolt will take compared to a 9/16", same quality. I built a pintel hook attachment plate and am wondering what size bolts to use in it. Thanks. PS: I have googled, etc, and the engineering pages I get a link to give me a headache. j

Thanks much! I'll check it out and book mark it for the future. I think the info you provided does me for this particular project. john

Status
Not open for further replies.