Bonehead move of the day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newf lover

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Eastern CT
I am embarassed to post this, but I evidentally leaned on my stove yestrday wearing my thick bathrobe, now I have blue material on the side of my stove. I am assuming the only way to get rid of it is to sand and repaint it, or is there a better way? I'm thinking maybe I'm too stupid to own this stove....

newf lover said:
I am embarassed to post this, but I evidentally leaned on my stove yestrday wearing my thick bathrobe, now I have blue material on the side of my stove. I am assuming the only way to get rid of it is to sand and repaint it, or is there a better way? I'm thinking maybe I'm too stupid to own this stove....

with the stove turned off, try using nail polish remover (aka acetone) if that doesn't take it off, then you're out of luck

Actually, it looks like it's burning off on its own, at least most of it. Lesson learned, duh. Thanks.

everyone has there moments.

I cleaned the burnpot last night before turning on the stove. after turning it on I left the room and about 20mins later I heard the stove shut down. I went into diagnostics mode, hmm very little unburnt pellets in the burn pot and nothing in the auger, I thought the top auger motor seized, looked at the control board, E 2 what the hell is E 2, so I opened the hopper................... no pellets.......... thats right I let it run out the night before. hahaha

[quote author="newf lover" date="1230666520"]I am embarassed to post this, but I evidentally leaned on my stove yestrday wearing my thick bathrobe, now I have blue material on the side of my stove.

I want to see a pic of that fuzzy blue stove with bathrobe eyes, oh ya forgot I still have the now big brown scab on my right arm from Christmas eve!

Did a cleaning on the stove about a month ago, and put everything back together, closed the door, and started the stove....pellets start dropping, but after 10 minutes, no flame...not even smoke....hmmmm.

Well, I discovered that if you put the burn pot back in the CORRECT way, and not backward, THEN the ignitor hole lines up and the pellets will light. :grrr:

LOL If it doesn't burn off completely you might try taking one of those copper pot scrubbers to it when it's warm to see if that will get if off. If that doesn't work you might try rubbing an ice cube over it, with the stove off, to freeze it. With any luck, it will then peel off.

Wonders if the Bathrobe was Plastic,lol.Sorry for your loss.Least it wasn,t the skin off your A@@.. :ahhh:

Well..... At least you had you OSHA aproved bath robe on and not naked.

Eric

When it is cool...try goo gone. That stuff is great. I had a pair of gloves on and touched part of the stove and it melted on the stove...let it cool and goo goned it and good as new!

Status
Not open for further replies.