Boost air...... I think

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westkywood

Feeling the Heat
Oct 14, 2009
Kentucky
Dont know if this is standard on all modern stoves or not. I have the PE Super 27. It has the removable piece of angle iron ( with holes in it ) along the front of the stove. (I think its the manifold) It eventually gets alot of ashes built up under there. Was wondering if the hole ever needs cleaned out and if it does, how would one go about doing that. Not having any prob's, just curious for future reference...Thanky much

westkywood said:
Dont know if this is standard on all modern stoves or not. I have the PE Super 27. It has the removable piece of angle iron ( with holes in it ) along the front of the stove. (I think its the manifold) It eventually gets alot of ashes built up under there. Was wondering if the hole ever needs cleaned out and if it does, how would one go about doing that. Not having any prob's, just curious for future reference...Thanky much

Try to keep the ash away from it as best you can. I have same on my Summit. Every morning I shovel the ash from the front of the stove out and slide the side of my shovel along the front of the manifold.
Then I flip it forward and back. The put fresh load of wood in. I have never encountered any problems with it getting clogged. At the end of the season or pre next season, I shop vac the thing out and also pull the boost manifold and stick the shop vac hose up against the holes.

Thanks for the info. I do try to keep the ashes away from it by pushing the coals back. I'll use the shop-vac on it come spring....

Status
Not open for further replies.