Boru 5kw Fiachra multi fuel stove for a newbie.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Van dazler

Mar 9, 2022
UK
Hi all, brand new to this world so please forgive my ignorance if I sound a bit uneducated in all things stoves.
Im currently in the process of purchasing a used stove ( listed above) and want to elevate it to a usable height so I’m not on my knees whilst tending it. Having looked on the internet for a suitable log box for it to sit on top of and failing miserably I’m thinking of designing my own and going to my local blacksmiths to get it fabricated. The Boru stove I am buying is the short floor sitting version and they do not sell a base I can just fix the stove to Hence my dilemma.
Is this a common thing to do ? ,and if so I’d love some ideas if anyone has any.
Thanks in advance

553x414x340 mm
21 3/4 x 16 1/4 x 13 1/2

C82C9516-9F54-4025-8DB9-D2FB6A4AB552.png

Last edited:
This looks like a hearth stove, common in the UK, but less so here in the states. A stout base made of non-combustible material should work as long as it is stable. Just remember it will be top heavy, so make it wide enough.

This looks like a hearth stove, common in the UK, but less so here in the states. A stout base made of non-combustible material should work as long as it is stable. Just remember it will be top heavy, so make it wide enough.
Yes, I was thinking of heavy plate steel with two or three compartments for logs, kindling and possibly a coal scuttle.

Masonry and reinforced concrete would work too, but might not match the look you are going for.