Bosca 500 Spirit long term use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
Now that the Bosca has been out for about 3 years and now has a major US stove company support how is the stove performing and its weaknesses? Local dealer liquidating inventory and has two models for sale reasonable and would fit my space and use as a thermostat controlable heat boost and shouldering unit. Cold front hit this AM and doing some research. Winds gusting to 40 and temps freefalling. Glad I got the Harman clean and filled.

I was aware of the snap disc issue. Been there done that with other stoves. Other post said was assembled with mostly american parts. Have to wait till Monday to call USSC about support and see if I can download a manual. Not going much of anywhere soon with this ugly weather.

I was aware of the snap disc issue. Been there done that with other stoves. Other post said was assembled with mostly american parts. Have to wait till Monday to call USSC about support and see if I can download a manual. Not going much of anywhere soon with this ugly weather.

I have a manual that I could copy via digital pic or copy , Im sure there is one online too.
I'm the guy with the snap disc prob but I havenet fired my bosca up yet. I have read good things.
I'm getting my venting online so waiting to get into the pellet craze.

Called and got thru to Us stove and yes they are the support for Bosca. Lower limit switch #BC12720006, High limit is BC12720007 from technical support Candice

Did you try thru US stove? I find it hard to believe more than $15 a piece!

I never thought they put much refinements or quality fitting in what I seen them produce. Never had experience in the customer relations dept. as why I was asking about the Bosca as it seems to be a thought out and well finished product just is being serviced by USSC. if a major item like the controller goes as I have heard the other moving parts are US parts assembled into a heavy Chillean body and imported back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.