Bosca Limit 450

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r dubya

Dec 4, 2008
Ninilchik AK
Has anyone heard of or used a Bosca stove, I have used the search and found nothing
about it, I have lurked here for two years, but this is my first post.
I would like to have a Blaze King or Quadra-Fire, but I got a budget, and with hearth+stove+
all new pipe straight up through the middle of a small, old, drafty 2 story aprx 1000sf.
That is my budget.
I have looked at the Home depot and Lowes stoves [700.00-800.00], I have saw a Bosca
burning and it does look like a better stove it is 1350.00.
I got 1500.00 for a stove, whats my best bet.
Thanks much for any comments.

Bosca is a Chilean stove. One caveat, most take 14" wood. You might be better off getting one made for your climate. There is a Pacific Energy Super 27 for about the same money. It's a bigger, stove that takes a larger split and has great burn times.

http://www.pacificenergy.net/product_super27.php

Status
Not open for further replies.