Bosca pellet stove at TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
I saw a stainless steel upright model there yesterday . Nice looking stove and seemingly priced good at $1,800. My concern would be availability of parts or a highly technical repair issue needing supports or service . It looked to be finished nicely and well made . I think they are made in So. America.

Stick to American made, save yourself problems!

Tom C.

.....seemingly priced good at $1,800. My concern would be availability of parts or a highly technical repair issue needing supports or service......

You just voiced the main concern that people have about buying something that doesn't have a large support system in this country. May look great and perform well, but IF there's a problem, then what??

Evidently few if any of the U.S.S.Co. stoves are made in the US. They are Chinese imports.

The Bosca's are so fracking sexy, though.

I'd verify access to parts first, but I might pull the trigger at that price point.

Hello

Which model?
Is this the one? The spirit? How much is TSC selling it for?
http://www.appliancesconnection.com/i243922-bosca-bcps500ss.html?ref=pricegrabbermain

I had a US 5660 from Tractor Supply which is a really good heater at 48K BTU for only $1299.00
http://www.tractorsupply.com/united-states-stove-bay-front-pellet-heater-1015646
However the Hi Limit snap disc was 200 Deg F. So I had to change it to a 250 Deg F like it's cousin the HR Sarnac so it would run on High Heat Level without tripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.