Bosca Soul 700 Freestanding Stove NOISE Review (desperately need input)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KateWatson

Nov 16, 2013
Southern NH
Hi All.

Can anyone comment on the noise this stove produces?
It would potentially be going in our living room and I'm sensitive to noise.
Would this create a soft white (blowing noise) or is it noticeable with clanking ?
I love the look of the stove and its gotten fair reviews but I can't find a video or review commenting on
this particular aspect.
This will be my first pellet stove so I don't want to blow it.
Any and all help is very much appreciated.
Thanks Kate

Kate, welcome to the forums! I know that others have reported on their experiences with the Bosca pellet burners. While you wait for a response from a current poster, you might use our search function, which works extremely well. Find the little search box in the upper right and start by just putting in Bosca and see what pops up. There are years and years of information to be mined here. Have fun. Rick

I don't have a 700, I've got a 500 classic. The sound is just the blowing noise of the room circulation blower and the exhaust blower. There is a subdueded plinkety-plink sound each time the auger feeds pellets. The pellets drop into the burn pot from the drop tube. I found that it just became back ground sounds after owning it awhile.

Bosca is currently looking for another company to provide customer support. US stoves no longer is. Making getting parts and technical help nill at this time. Good luck

Hi All.

Can anyone comment on the noise this stove produces?
It would potentially be going in our living room and I'm sensitive to noise.
Would this create a soft white (blowing noise) or is it noticeable with clanking ?
I love the look of the stove and its gotten fair reviews but I can't find a video or review commenting on
this particular aspect.
This will be my first pellet stove so I don't want to blow it.
Any and all help is very much appreciated.
Thanks Kate
Hello Kate, I have the same Bosca stove and am into the third season now. The only problem I have had is the distribution blower did get noisier after the first season, I just pulled it out, took to the dealer and got a new one under warranty. Mine is also in the living room and we have no issues with any other noise, been a great stove so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.