Bosca Spirit 500 Purchase Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakie123

Oct 26, 2011
Putnam County NY
Would you take a chance on a Bosca Spirit 500 Brand New Thru Ebay or Would You Purchase New From A Local Dealer For An Extra 500 Dollars. Keep in mind that I am already very proficient with a Breckwell p23 that i have owned for 4 seasons and have done every sort of required maintenance myself and knock on wood have been very happy and i guess some would say lucky because of the reputation Breckwell has. Also Can Anybody recommend an icc excel pellet vendor that i can purchase parts from in the NYS, CT Area. Thanks in advance to all the pelletheads for your help.

I have one that i bought off ebay (running right know). It throws good heat and is quiet, the hooper is a littile small but other than that have not had a problem. i paid 999 with free shipping and no tax it came in a crate and was well packed the build date was 2008 i think they have a newer design out know any other questions feel free.

Thanks Karl for the advice, I will be purchasing as well from ebay, I spoke to Bosca and they supplied me with local vendors for parts if need be. My Only other issue is going thru 8" concrete block for a straight out horizontal install and not sure whether to go with Selkirk Direct temp oak kit or icc excel pellet kit, if i can find a vendor online or local.

Oakie123 said:
Thanks Karl for the advice, I will be purchasing as well from ebay, I spoke to Bosca and they supplied me with local vendors for parts if need be. My Only other issue is going thru 8" concrete block for a straight out horizontal install and not sure whether to go with Selkirk Direct temp oak kit or icc excel pellet kit, if i can find a vendor online or local.

I HIGHLY recommend ICC ExcelPellet. I Love this pipe.

I am using icc excelPellet on my breckwell Stove in the livingroom install, but i cant find a vendor online. My Breckwell was installed by my local hearth vendor, Hopefully i can get the icc excelpellet vent pipe from them when i get the Bosca Stove for my basement media room.

Status
Not open for further replies.